A MEMBER EVENTS &
SEMINARS COLLEGES & TRAINING APAA AWARDS ACCREDITED SALONS IMPORTANT LINKS ANNOUNCEMENTS
You have reached Australia's Premier Professional Beauty Association
- The Association of Professional Aestheticians of Australia (APAA).
Celebrating more than 50 Years of Industry Leading Excellence.
The APAA is the oldest and most active Association in the Beauty Industy in Australia.
The APAA has over the past 51 years set the standards for Professional Beauty Therapy in Australia.
Become a member of Australia's
Premier Professional Beauty Association
Click here to get the APAA National Office Contact details
Check out the new listing of APAA Preferred Suppliers
Looking to study in the Beauty Industry? Check out our Accredited Colleges
WHO ARE WE?
In the early 50s a group of dedicated beauty therapists, many of them with European qualifications, would get together and discuss issues of the profession’s public image and ethics, and so the plight to establish a professional body was birthed. For over 5 years informal meetings were held leading to the establishment of a strong network of passionately dedicated aestheticians. This dedicated group pioneered the way for the first Australian Association to be established with a Constitution and A Code of Ethical Practice in October 1957. The association was named "THE ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL AESTHETICIANS OF AUSTRALIA".
Today, with representation in every State, the APAA is recognised for its commitment to education and raising the standards within its membership so that the public can be assured they are in the hands of competent professionals.
To establish and promote the integrity of the professional Beauty Therapist, by initiating programs to maintain and progressively raise the standards of our industry to world class through the active participation of its members
A New Degree
True to its mission statement in raising the standards of the industry, the APAA has partnered with the University of New England and UNE Partnerships, (the commercial arm of the university), in developing a named-stream degree in Health Science (Aesthetic Therapies). This degree is the first of its kind in the world to be developed through the initiative of a professional association, raising the standard of training to a university award level.
With a Certified Member of the APAA you can rest assured you are in the safe hands of a caring and responsible professional.
1. To be perceived as an active authoritative voice promoting integrity and high standards within the beauty industry.
2. To be an active principal voice with government bodies and elected representatives ensuring effective representation concerning all issues relating to regulatory matters for the benefit, progress and protection of our industry.
3. To liaise between professional groups of a like nature.
1. To establish and promote high standards of professional training for all members of the beauty industry.
2. To provide the services of an organisation which will confirm and promote the qualifications and standards of its members.
3. To provide a code of ethics which will set its members apart and defend their reputation against illegal practices.
4. To facilitate educational programs so that all members can be informed of new developments and progress in the industry at minimal costs.
5. To provide a journal which is committed to accurate, up to date information on new research and development as well as industry news both nationally and internationally.
6. To provide a forum for networking, discussions and interaction of its member to pursue the direction they perceive to be important for their development and survival as an industry.
7. To establish APAA Accredited Schools for the promotion of the principles of the Association. Public To establish public awareness programs to have the consumers perceive our industry with respect and as a body of responsible professionals.
APAA Head Office
Phone: 07 5575 9364
Fax: 07 5575 9723
P O Box 96 Robina QLD 4226