A MEMBER EVENTS &
SEMINARS COLLEGES & TRAINING APAA AWARDS ACCREDITED SALONS IMPORTANT LINKS ANNOUNCEMENTS
"To establish and promote the integrity of the professional Beauty Therapist, by initiating programs to maintain and progressively raise the standards of our industry to world class through the active participation of its members "
1. To be perceived as an active authoritative voice promoting integrity and high standards within the beauty industry.
2. To be an active principal voice with government bodies and elected representatives ensuring effective representation concerning all issues relating to regulatory matters for the benefit, progress and protection of our industry.
3. To liaise between professional groups of a like nature.
1. To establish and promote high standards of professional training for all members of the beauty industry.
2. To provide the services of an organisation which will confirm and promote the qualifications and standards of its members.
3. To provide a code of ethics which will set its members apart and defend their reputation against illegal practices.
4. To facilitate educational programs so that all members can be informed of new developments and progress in the industry at minimal costs.
5. To provide a journal which is committed to accurate, up to date information on new research and development as well as industry news both nationally and internationally.
6. To provide a forum for networking, discussions and interaction of its member to pursue the direction they perceive to be important for their development and survival as an industry.
7. To establish APAA Accredited Schools for the promotion of the principles of the Association.
To establish public awareness programs to have the consumers perceive our industry with respect and as a body of responsible professionals.
ETHICAL CODE OF PRACTICE
As a member of the APAA I shall at all times abide by the following Code of Ethics:
1. I shall at all times conduct my professional activities in a manner, which reflects honour and integrity to my profession and respect and maintain client confidentiality.
2. I shall not communicate false or misleading information, whether written or spoken when promoting my services or products. I will at all times work within the boundaries of my professional training and comply with legal, Government and Health Department regulations for all the activities I perform.
3. I shall refrain from knowingly being associated with any enterprise, which uses improper or illegal methods in obtaining business.
4. I shall not engage in slander or criticism, which would injure the professional reputation or practice of another professional member, or any colleague.
5. If I have evidence that another member has been guilty of unethical practices, it shall be my duty to inform the APAA Head Office in writing. The APAA will endeavour to maintain strict member confidentiality, wherever possible.
6 . I shall accept the responsibility to continue my education and the acquisition of further skills for the benefit and correct service to the public and for the continued respect of my profession.
7. I shall participate in activities to help improve the body of knowledge of the profession by exchanging information, experiences and case histories with fellow members for the benefit of others and for the credibility of the industry.
8. I shall refrain from using my relationship with the APAA in such a manner as to state or imply official accreditation or approval beyond the scope of membership and its aims, rules and policies. I will limit the use of the Association’s distinguishing letters, i.e. APAA, FMAPAA, AMAPAA, other than to Association activities or the statement of name and business address on a card, letterhead, advertising or published article.
9. I shall ensure that anyone employed by me shall strictly adhere to the same Code of Ethics as long as she/he is employed by me.
10. Should I transgress any of the Rules of the Association and/or this Code of Ethics, I shall voluntarily surrender and return my membership certificate.
11. I shall display a copy of this Code of Ethics in my consultation rooms where it is clearly visible to clients.